The Pap

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Shroom For Improvement

Bill Hicks once described Magic Mushrooms as an evolutionary springboard. While I lack the comedic eloquence to describe them in such terms, I have found them to be very useful for getting some perspective on life, the universe and everything.

Did some Mexican 'shrooms last night. First time in four years, and the absolute first time I've gone Super Mario on my own. They're completely legal in the UK, meaning one can buy them in shops. I was a bit concerned about the solo effort, but my pre-drop anxiety was soon cancelled out by the end of the evening.

Don't think I've ever had the time to fully reflect on what mushrooms really do for you. The most positive thing about the experience is temporary detachment from your personality.
While this is the sort of thing that sets alarm bells ringing in those who have never dropped, it isn't as nasty as it sounds. The experience allows you to step outside your life, look at it objectively and make your conclusions from there. The lack of laughing co-trippers was pretty damn cool for introspection, let me tell you.

Of course, there are other effects. More interesting ceilings, for starters. And Grand Theft Auto : Vice City looks better than ever. Overall, a solid night. My perspective has been finely tuned, music sounded excellent ( my thanks for the Shiloh October 2004 Mix - available from hybridized.org ) and the house looked more interesting than ever.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home